Monday 10 November 2014

Stuck on U sketches



Here's the November 7 sketch.

In my Counterfeit Kit this month I put an old book cover that I made at Teacher's college.
It had marbled papers that I thought were too good to throw away.

As this sketch has 2 photos side by side, I thought it was ideal.

The black doiley is scraps cut from a layout that will appear on here tomorrow.(keeping you in suspense). I managed to have enough to be the circle background.
After mounting the photos I've used a shaped transparency that says Hi.
Another one has been used as the journaling block on the right hand side.

The wood veneer cameras with enamel dot centres add more layering and colour, as do the cute American Crafts bows.
Lake Louise is a photographers dream. Hence all the cameras on this layout including the background strip.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great use of the sketch Julene. Innovative use of your book cover, and the black doily really pops! Thanks for joining us again at SOUS!

cinmfoster said...

I agree the black doily really pops. Love the use of the book .
Cindy F.

Janine Rachau said...

Great work with the sketch! Your photographs are gorgeous!! The cameras definitely fit!

Susanne said...

The pops of red are fab. Nice page.

Carole Wright said...

Hi Julene, this is fabulous, I love your use of the photos, that window is stunning, as is your layout. Thank you for playing along with us at SOUS, its great to see a regular face. X

Anonymous said...

What a cool collaboration of all those goodies!
My fav is how the black doily pops in the back!
Fab as always!

~Leah

Sharon Fritchman said...

Gorgeous photos and absolutely beautiful layout! I just love your take on this sketch!

Charlotte Brochu said...

Very pretty! You used some great embellishments too! Thanks for playing along at SOUS!