Monday 12 January 2015

Scrappy Friends and Challenge #2 with bookpages.


Challenge #2 at Counterfeit kits is to use recycled print.
 I've used bookpages  on this layout.
This time I've used Inka gold paste to highlight the bookpage.

The challenges at scrappy friends are these


and here is my entry for all 3 challenges.

I took that colour on the left to be a pale aqua, but if it is blue ,there is a blue stone in the large brad.
I've gone down the right hand column on tic tac toe.
The die cut is the journaling shape (which my daughter can write on), the gold is there on the leaves and inka gold and there are 4 patterned papers.
 
*********************************************************************************
Next I've made a box frame.
 
I started with this box, that I bought at a local craft supplier.
 
Using old sheet music I Paper Mache strips around the lid with mod podge.
 
Next I've added lace using more mod podge.
 
Inside the box I've pasted paper dolls which I found on Pinterest,then printed off and fussy cut out.
 
 
I 've sealed this with modge podge as well.(I used nearly a whole jar on this project.)
 
And here's the final item!
 
 

6 comments:

Lesley G said...

Lovely colours!
I keep meaning to create a box frame...

Janine Rachau said...

That is amazing photography! Way to showcase the fabulous photos and work with so many challenges!

Angela Toucan said...

two fantastic projects.

LCSmithSAVED said...

She took some great photos of the bridge and you've done them justice :) Adore that altered shadowbox! I need to do those kind of projects more often - thx for the push!

Stephanie said...

wow Julene, did your daughter take those photos of the Brooklyn Bridge? They are stunning!! And, of course, your layout does them justice :)

Rochelle Spears said...

Nice layout! You did a great job of the challenges! Thank you for playing along with the Scrappy Friend challenges. :)